Shows a description of the SQL statements. To see the entire description, or to edit it, select the description and then select the ellipses (…) to the right of the property. Your comments might include information such as who uses the view and when they use it.
How do I view table descriptions in SQL?
SQL Server: sp_help table_name (or sp_columns table_name for only columns) Oracle DB2: desc table_name or describe table_name. MySQL: describe table_name (or show columns from table_name for only columns)
How do I view a definition in SQL Server?
To get the information of a view, you use the system catalog sys.sql_module and the OBJECT_ID() function:
- SELECT definition, uses_ansi_nulls, uses_quoted_identifier, is_schema_bound FROM sys.sql_modules WHERE object_id = object_id( ‘sales.daily_sales’ );
- EXEC sp_helptext ‘sales.product_catalog’ ;
How do I view SQL statements?
Procedure: How to Test the SQL From the SQL Statement
- Right-click the SQL object and click SQL Statement. The Select Statement dialog box opens, as shown in the following image. …
- Click the Test SQL Statement button in the upper-right corner. The Test SQL Statement dialog box shows a sample of the data.
How do I view a column description in SQL Server?
Using the Information Schema
- SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. TABLES.
- SELECT TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS.
- SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘Album’
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. …
- IF EXISTS( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.
How can I see the structure of a SQL Server view?
Get view properties by using Object Explorer
- In Object Explorer, select the plus sign next to the database that contains the view to which you want to view the properties, and then click the plus sign to expand the Views folder.
- Right-click the view of which you want to view the properties and select Properties.
What is describe command in SQL?
The DESCRIBE command enables you to describe objects recursively to the depth level set in the SET DESCRIBE command. You can also display the line number and indentation of the attribute or column name when an object contains multiple object types. … the type of PL/SQL object (function or procedure)
How do you read a script definition?
Different methods to view the definition of objects
Expand the database and go to Views. Right-click on a particular view for which we want to generate script and click on Script View as ->Create To.
How do I show views in MySQL?
To show the views of a database, you use the tables table from the INFORMATION_SCHEMA .
MySQL Show View – using INFORMATION_SCHEMA database
- The table_schema column stores the schema or database of the view (or table).
- The table_name column stores the name of the view (or table).
How do I view SQL queries online?
How to test MySQL queries online?
- Enter your SQL query in the editor, finally click on “Run” to execute it. The query result will be displayed below the editor .
- You can also run only one query entered in the editor. …
- If you want to export the results in csv format, click on “Export”.
How do I check if a SQL query is correct?
To verify a query i use the EXPLAIN command. You can take any SQL query and add EXPLAIN before it and execute. If query is wrong, error will be returned.
How do I test my query?
How to unit test a SQL query?
- create a view from my SQL query, for example called my_query.
- (for each test case) create a test-query that compares the outcome from this view with the inline defined query result.
How do I add a description to a table in SQL?
Here is how to do it:
- Right click on the table.
- Click on Design.
- Comment as shown above.
How do I query attributes in SQL?
Query attribute names are transmitted using the character set indicated by the character_set_client system variable. To access query attributes within SQL statements for which attributes have been defined, install the query_attributes component as described in Prerequisites for Using Query Attributes.