The php-cgi.exe file is located in a subfolder of “C:Program Files (x86)” (in most cases C:Program Files (x86)Genie-SoftGenie TimelineWebServerPHP or C:Program FilesGenie-SoftGenie Timelinex86WebServerPHP).
Where is FastCGI?
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off. In the Windows Features dialog box, select the CGI check box. This enables both the CGI and FastCGI services.
What is PHP CGI?
CGI (Common Gateway Interface) is a web technology and protocol that defines a way for a web server (HTTP server) to interact with external applications, e.g. PHP. … CGI is used as an interface between the web server and the additionally installed applications generating dynamic web content.
How enable PHP in IIS?
1.2. Install PHP by using Web PI
- Open a browser to the following website: Microsoft Web Platform Installer 3.0.
- Click Download It Now, and then click Run.
- At the top of the Web Platform Installer window, click Products.
- Click Frameworks, and then select the current version of PHP.
- Click Install. …
- Click I Accept.
How do I enable FastCGI?
Enable FastCGI Support
- Add the CGI role service by going to Server Manager > Roles > Add Role Services.
- Under Application Development, select the CGI check box. …
- Confirm the selections on the Confirm Installation Selection page, and then click Install.
- The Installation Results page shows that the installation succeeded.
How do I enable CGI EXE handler mapping?
9) Enable the Handler Mappings for ISAPI and CGI from the web server home screen:
- Go to web server home screen by clicking on the server name in the left hand pane.
- Double-click on Handler Mappings (note CGI-exe and ISAPI-dll are both Disabled)
- Right-click on ISAPI-dll.
- Click on Edit Feature Permissions.
- Check Execute.
How fast does CGI work?
FastCGI is a protocol based on the earlier CGI, or common gateway interface, protocol meant to improve performance by not running each request as a separate process. It is used to efficiently interface with a server that processes requests for dynamic content.
How do I know if PHP is running CGI?
Now visit that page in your browser. Near the top, there will be a heading name Server API. If this says Apache, then your account is running PHP as an Apache module. If it says CGI then it is running as a CGI script, probably with PHPSuExec.
Do I need PHP-CGI?
If you have a basic website and low traffic then you should use PHP-CGI as it has better PHP code Execution and will not use many resources on small and low traffic websites.
Is CGI still used?
It simply is not up to the challenges of modern web applications and the onerous security environment of today. Unfortunately, many embedded devices still use CGI today.
How do I turn PHP on?
How to Install PHP
- Step 1: Download the PHP files. You’ll need the PHP Windows installer. …
- Step 2: Extract the files. …
- Step 3: Configure php. …
- Step 4: Add C:php to the path environment variable. …
- Step 5: Configure PHP as an Apache module. …
- Step 6: Test a PHP file.
What is CGI in IIS?
CGI stand for Common Gateway Interface.It is used by webserver to pass web user request to application server and process and give back the output.it is a part of http protocol.
How do I run a PHP file on localhost?
Open up any Web browser on your desktop and enter “localhost” into the address box. The browser will open a list of files stored under the “HTDocs” folder on your computer. Click on the link to a PHP file and open it to run a script.
How do I know if FastCGI is enabled?
Look near the top of the output for Server API; it should be set to either ISAPI (which means ISAPI is being used) or CGI/FastCGI (which means FastCGI is being used, since we already ruled out CGI).
How do I install FastCGI on Windows 10?
In the Web Server (IIS) pane, scroll to the Role Services section, and then click Add Role Services. On the Select Role Services page of the Add Role Services Wizard, select CGI, and then click Next. On the Confirm Installation Selections page, click Install. On the Results page, click Close.
How do I install FastCGI?
How to Install PHP with FastCGI Extension on IIS 7 / IIS 8 Server
- Step 1: Integrate The CGI Role Services. …
- Step 2: Include the CGIs Features (For Windows Vista SP1 and Windows 7) …
- Step 3: Download PHP And Install It On Your System. …
- Step 4: Extract the PHP Files contents. …
- Step 5: Load the extensions.