You need to install it if you need it. There are apps such as WAMP and XAMPP that will install Apache, MySQL and PHP on your computer without any hassle.
What is needed to run PHP?
To run PHP for the web, you need to install a Web Server like Apache and you also need a database server like MySQL. There are various web servers for running PHP programs like WAMP & XAMPP. WAMP server is supported in windows and XAMP is supported in both Windows and Linux.
Do I need to install PHP to run PHP files?
If your server supports PHP, then you do not need to do anything. Just create your . php files, put them in your web directory and the server will automatically parse them for you. There is no need to compile anything nor do you need to install any extra tools.
How do I install PHP?
How to Install PHP
- Step 1: Download the PHP files. You’ll need the PHP Windows installer. …
- Step 2: Extract the files. …
- Step 3: Configure php. …
- Step 4: Add C:php to the path environment variable. …
- Step 5: Configure PHP as an Apache module. …
- Step 6: Test a PHP file.
How do I run PHP?
You just follow the steps to run PHP program using command line.
- Open terminal or command line window.
- Goto the specified folder or directory where php files are present.
- Then we can run php code code using the following command: php file_name.php.
Why do I need PHP?
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is known as a general-purpose scripting language that can be used to develop dynamic and interactive websites. It was among the first server-side languages that could be embedded into HTML, making it easier to add functionality to web pages without needing to call external files for data.
What can be used instead of PHP?
Top PHP Alternatives
- JS. Node. …
- Python. As you know, Python is a fairly simple language, and the Django framework has features that bring a lot of power to developers’ hands. …
- Ruby. Ruby is a powerful dynamic language that is focused on simplicity and performance and is also extremely user-friendly. …
- Golang. …
- Java. …
What does PHP stand for?
PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor ) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
How do I know if PHP is installed?
1. Open a bash shell terminal and use the command “php –version” or “php -v” to get the version of PHP installed on the system. As you can see from both the command output above, the system has PHP 5.4. 16 installed.
Does Windows come with PHP?
PHP on Windows
PHP does not come pre-installed on Windows systems. To work with PHP on Windows, PHP will need to be manually downloaded and installed.
What should I install for PHP?
To install PHP, we will suggest you to install AMP (Apache, MySQL, PHP) software stack. It is available for all operating systems. There are many AMP options available in the market that are given below: WAMP for Windows.
Which software is best for PHP?
Here are the top 10 best PHP development tools that captured the attention of web development communities.
- PHPStorm. …
- Zend Studio. …
- NuSphere PhpED. …
- Netbeans. …
- Cloud 9. …
- Aptana Studio. …
- CodeLobster. …
- Sublime Text.
How do I enable PHP?
Configure Apache to Serve PHP Pages from a User Directory.
- Step 1: Edit the PHP configuration file. sudo gedit /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf. …
- Step 2: Save changes, and exit emacs. control-x, control-s.
- Step 3: Restart Apache, and you are done. sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.
Can PHP work without server?
You can make a PHP script to run it without any server or browser. You only need the PHP parser to use it this way. This type of usage is ideal for scripts regularly executed using cron (on *nix or Linux) or Task Scheduler (on Windows). These scripts can also be used for simple text processing tasks.
Is PHP a software?
PHP is a general-purpose scripting language geared towards web development. … The standard PHP interpreter, powered by the Zend Engine, is free software released under the PHP License. PHP has been widely ported and can be deployed on most web servers on a variety of operating systems and platforms.
How do I open a PHP file in a browser?
Open PHP/HTML/JS In Browser
- Click the button Open In Browser on StatusBar.
- In the editor, right click on the file and click in context menu Open PHP/HTML/JS In Browser.
- Use keybindings Shift + F6 to open more faster (can be changed in menu File -> Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts )