SELECT TOP(10) PERCENT contact_id, last_name, first_name FROM contacts WHERE last_name = ‘Anderson’ ORDER BY contact_id; This SQL SELECT TOP example would select the first 10% of the records from the full result set.
How do I list Top 5 in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How do I get top 10 records in SQL Developer?
Returning TOP N Records
- Microsoft SQL Server SELECT TOP 10 column FROM table.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL SELECT column FROM table LIMIT 10.
- Oracle SELECT column FROM table WHERE ROWNUM <= 10.
- Sybase SET rowcount 10 SELECT column FROM table.
- Firebird SELECT FIRST 10 column FROM table.
How do I select the first 10 rows in SQL query?
The ANSI SQL answer is FETCH FIRST . If you want ties to be included, do FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS WITH TIES instead. To skip a specified number of rows, use OFFSET , e.g. Will skip the first 20 rows, and then fetch 10 rows.
How do you find top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee; …
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id; …
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5; …
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
How do I get top 10 in MySQL?
MySQL Select Top 10 distinct
Here’s the SQL query to select top 10 distinct rows using DISTINCT keyword. mysql> select distinct * from sales limit 10; Hopefully, now you can easily select top N rows in MySQL.
How do I get last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do I SELECT the top 10 rows in a table?
Let’s look at a SQL example, where we use the TOP PERCENT keyword in the SELECT statement. For example: SELECT TOP(10) PERCENT contact_id, last_name, first_name FROM contacts WHERE last_name = ‘Anderson’ ORDER BY contact_id; This SQL SELECT TOP example would select the first 10% of the records from the full result set.
How can I get second highest salary?
We can nest the above query to find the second largest salary. select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
How do you rank in SQL?
In the SQL RANK functions, we use the OVER() clause to define a set of rows in the result set.
A quick summary of SQL RANK Functions.
|ROW_Number||It assigns the sequential rank number to each unique record.|
|Dense_RANK||It assigns the rank number to each row in a partition. It does not skip the number for similar values.|
How do you SELECT first 10 rows in pandas?
Use pandas. DataFrame. head(n) to get the first n rows of the DataFrame. It takes one optional argument n (number of rows you want to get from the start).
How do you get the first 10 rows in db2?
To return only the rows of the employee table for those 20 employees, you can write a query as shown in the following example: SELECT LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME, EMPNO, SALARY FROM EMP ORDER BY SALARY DESC FETCH FIRST 20 ROWS ONLY; You can also use FETCH FIRST n ROWS ONLY within a subquery.
How can I get top 3 salary in SQL?
To Find the Third Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query,
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How can get 9th highest salary in SQL?
Select Emp_name from table_name where Salary =( Select Salary from table_name order by Salary DESC limit n-1,1); There can be another question like find Nth Lowest Salary . In order to that , just reverse order using ASC ( if you don’t specify by default column will be ordered in ascending order).
How do you get top 3 salaries for each department from the employee table?
Salary AS Salary FROM Employee E INNER JOIN Department D ON E. DepartmentId = D.Id WHERE (SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT(Salary)) FROM Employee WHERE DepartmentId = E. DepartmentId AND Salary > E. Salary) < 3 ORDER by E.
How do you select the highest nth value in SQL?
Using this function we can find the nth highest value using the following query.
- DECLARE @nthHighest INT = 2. …
- DECLARE @nthHighest INT = 2.
- ;WITH CTE(EmpId,Empcode,Name,Salary,EmpRank)
- SELECT EmpId,Empcode,Name,Salary,
- DENSE_RANK() OVER(ORDER BY Salary DESC) AS EmpRank.
- SELECT * FROM CTE WHERE EmpRank = @nthHighest.