How do you convert a column or row of data into comma separated values?
Please do as follow: 1. Select a blank cell adjacent to the list’s first data, for instance, the cell C1, and type this formula =CONCATENATE(TRANSPOSE(A1:A7)&”,”) (A1:A7 is the column you will convert to comma serrated list, “,” indicates the separator you want to separate the list).
How can I get column values as comma separated in SQL?
In SQL Server, we can make a comma separated list by using COALESCE as shown in below. Suppose we have following data in Employee table and we need to make a semicolon separated list of EmailIDs to send mail, then we can use COALESCE as shown in below fig.
How do you convert a column to a comma separated list?
Text to Columns
- Highlight the column that contains your list.
- Go to Data > Text to Columns.
- Choose Delimited. Click Next.
- Choose Comma. Click Next.
- Choose General or Text, whichever you prefer.
- Leave Destination as is, or choose another column. Click Finish.
How do I convert columns to comma separated in Excel?
How to Create a Comma Separated List from Excel
- Insert an empty column next to your IDs.
- Type a comma in the cell next to the first ID.
- Hold your mouse on the lower-right of the cell containing the column and double-click.
- You should now have commas next to your IDs.
How do you convert a list to a comma separated string?
Approach: This can be achieved with the help of join() method of String as follows.
- Get the List of String.
- Form a comma separated String from the List of String using join() method by passing comma ‘, ‘ and the list as parameters.
- Print the String.
How can get column values in comma separated in MySQL?
SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(id) FROM table_level where parent_id=4 GROUP BY parent_id; If you want to replace space with comma. Use group_concat() function of mysql. The default separator between values in a group is comma(,).
How do I separate comma separated values into rows in Excel?
The easiest method is to follow these steps:
- Select one cell in your data and press Ctrl+T to convert the data to a table.
- In the Power Query tools, choose From Table. …
- Select the column with your products. …
- In the Split Column dialog, click on Advanced Options.
- In the Split Into section, choose Rows.
How do I convert rows to columns in Excel?
How to convert rows into columns in Excel – the basic solution
- Select and copy the needed range.
- Right click on a cell where you want to convert rows to columns.
- Select the Paste Transpose option to rotate rows to columns.
What are Comma Separated Values?
A CSV (comma-separated values) file is a text file that has a specific format which allows data to be saved in a table structured format.
How do I get row values as comma-separated by a query in MySQL?
In MySQL, you can return your query results as a comma separated list by using the GROUP_CONCAT() function. The GROUP_CONCAT() function was built specifically for the purpose of concatenating a query’s result set into a list separated by either a comma, or a delimiter of your choice.