SELECT name,salary FROM employee where salary = (select max(salary) from employee); And to find out the minimum salary along with employee name I have written this query: SELECT name,salary FROM employee where salary = (select min(salary) from employee);
What is SQL query to find minimum salary of each department?
Select all records of the table. Now write a query for the min and max salary by department: select depid, max(salary) as MaxSalary, min(Salary) as MinSalary from table1 group by DepId.
How do you use minimum in SQL?
The SQL MIN() and MAX() Functions
- SELECT MIN(column_name) FROM table_name. WHERE condition;
- SELECT MAX(column_name) FROM table_name. WHERE condition;
- Example. SELECT MIN(Price) AS SmallestPrice. FROM Products;
- Example. SELECT MAX(Price) AS LargestPrice. FROM Products;
How do you find the nth lowest salary in SQL?
Query 2 – To find the lowest-n salaries:
SELECT * FROM ( SELECT salary FROM employee ORDER BY salary ASC ) WHERE rownum
How do you find the nth salary in SQL?
Select Emp_name from table_name where Salary =( Select Salary from table_name order by Salary DESC limit n-1,1); There can be another question like find Nth Lowest Salary . In order to that , just reverse order using ASC ( if you don’t specify by default column will be ordered in ascending order).
How do you calculate top 3 salary in SQL?
To Find the Third Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query,
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How do you find min and max in SQL query?
SQL MIN() and MAX()
- SQL MIN() Functions. The MIN() function provides the smallest value of the chosen column. MIN() Syntax – SELECT MIN(column_name) FROM table_name WHERE condition;
- SQL MAX() Functions. The MAX() function provides the largest value of the chosen column.
How do I find the minimum and maximum value in SQL?
To ask SQL Server about the minimum and maximum values in a column, we use the following syntax: SELECT MIN(column_name) FROM table_name; SELECT MAX(column_name) FROM table_name; When we use this syntax, SQL Server returns a single value. Thus, we can consider the MIN() and MAX() functions Scalar-Valued Functions.
How do you find top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee; …
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id; …
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5; …
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
How can I get top 2 salary in SQL?
select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
How do you find the second highest salary in SQL w3schools?
Second Maximum Salary in MySQL using LIMIT
SELECT Salary FROM (SELECT Salary FROM Employee ORDER BY salary DESC LIMIT 2) AS Emp ORDER BY salary LIMIT 1; In this solution, we have first sorted all salaries from the Employee table in decreasing order, so that the 2 highest salaries come at top of the result set.
How do I get last 10 records from a table in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.