R3D SAP Upgrades to S/4 HANA
- Are you in pursuit of a trusted and reliable partner with a lot of years of experience in the area of upgrading your existing SAP ECC system to S/4 HANA?
Embrace the future with S/4 HANA
SAP has introduced its database SAP HANA in 2011 as a stand alone Data Mart solution enabling customers to capture data from any source in real-time, load the data into the in-memory database and provide BI reports with add-on applications.
In 2012 SAP has ported its BI module, Business Warehouse,to a native SAP HANA application. Then, in 2015 SAP rewrote its entire ERP Business Suite to turn it into a native SAP HANA application: SAP S/4 HANA.
SAP S/4 HANA has the advantage of utilizing the inbuilt SAP HANA database capabilities, simplified business processes and faster response times.
With the SAP Mainstream Maintenance for SAP ECC 6 (being the last non-HANA based ERP version of SAP) ending on December 31st, 2025, now is a good time to start planning for a smooth transition of the existing ERP solution to safeguard the operation from any disruption.
Ways to achieve a good transition
The transition of an existing version of SAP ERP systems to S/4 HANA can be done in multiple ways. R3D will guide you through the best cost effective strategy depending on your business and industries requirements:
- Upgrade to ECC 6 EHP 7 on HANA using System Landscape Optimization (SLO) first, then converting/upgrading to SAP S/4 HANA later
- Software tool (SLO) based migration: SAP ECC 6 or older, to S/4 HANA
- Upgrade older SAP ERP versions to ECC 6 EHP 7 (on a database other than HANA) and then either migrate this version to HANA (using SLO) and from there to S/4 HANA, or continue with step b).
What can R3D do to support your transition?
R3D has a strong SAP expertise to help organizations in any of the above scenarios. We also support traditional SAP ERP / ECC upgrade and patch implementation, from planning through project management as well as technical and functional consulting.
- R3D SAP upgrade experts have excellent knowledge of and experience in SAP upgrade projects on both technological and functional levels.